Thursday, August 9, 2012

Do Something Creative Every Day

"Do Something Creative Every Day". This is the wall decal we have hanging in our art room. And one reason why I wanted to put an art room in our house. I wanted my kids to have access to art supplies anytime they wanted. So they can create whenever they are inspired. And just look what my six (nearly 7) year old created this morning!
What is it, do you ask? Why, an umbrella of course!
She was stamping away with the dot markers on that middle section of the flower. I stopped as I was walking by to ask her what she was doing. She said simply, "Making an umbrella." I just said, "Ok, carry on." And walked away. Not sure how much time had passed, but I was then in the kitchen and she came down from the art room and showed me her A-MAZING umbrella! I mean, if she had used plastic instead of paper, that thing would be functional! I was so incredibly proud of her. And blown away by the engineering it took her to figure the construction out. Here's a few more photos for you:
I am soooo behind on posts for this blog, but I just had to post this project. I don't know maybe everyone's kids come up with stuff like this. But I think it was amazing she did this completely 100% on her own. She had a vision and made it happen! This mama is swooning! Now, if that doesn't inspire you to be creative today, I don't know what will!

2 comments:

  1. A little engineer in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty umbrella. Most creative. Your family gets up to a number of inspiring activities. I enjoy following your blog. I have nominated you for a Leibster Award. You can check out the details on my blog: http://lpcrafts.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete