Sunday, April 1, 2012

Craft Project: Tie Dye Easter Eggs

We created these super bright and fun Easter eggs for our deck window in the last couple weeks!
I combined two different ideas I saw on Pinterest to do this project. One from The Chocolate Muffin Tree where they made "tie-dye" Easter eggs (they used washable markers and sprayed them with a water bottle--a super fun idea!) and the other from the Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas blog where they made hearts with the same technique we used below.
Just take a coffee filter and fold it in half or quarters. Use Do-a-Dot markers to make a pattern.
Even my littlest guy could do this project!




The girls used egg-shaped cardboard cut-outs I made to make the eggs on the coffee filters.
 Here they are drying!
And voila! Cut-out and hanging on our window. Do you see the little bunny one there with the striped ears? Isn't that cute? My daughter decided to use two smaller egg tracers and then added a face below them. So creative!

The only tip I might add to this is that the dot markers didn't go all the way through the coffee filter when we folded it in quarters. We had to go over the pattern a couple times. So I suggest either folding it just in half or not folding it at all. This project could definitely be used for just about any shape/holiday! My 6 year old especially loved this one and even made more of them with her friend during a playdate.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! You definitely need to go over it a few times to ensure it seeps through but once we did it once, my girls were pros! :)

    Don't you just love the color on them in the window?s! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love how bright they are in the window! Thank you for posting your project so we could be inspired by it! This is something I think we'll be doing again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome - very bright and cheery - and something a bit different. I also love your Klee, Kandinsky and Chihuly posts. I have just started my own blog - Crafty Little People - with simple craft activities to do at home. I have ordered some shrinky dinks and hope to try something, probably not as glamorous as your Chihuly inspired sculpture but anything with shrinky dinks ought to be fun. You should check out my blog and let me know what you think - lpcrafts.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete